Thread: Alpine Marmot II ( Wrestling )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Alpine Marmot II ( Wrestling )

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .... sorry you can't avoid my Rodents at the moment , unless you do not open the thread

Here you go , two wrestling Marmots in the evening time when the sun was already behind the mountains hence the cooler overall appearance compared to previous image .
    I could have cleaned up all the natural mess in FG and BG , for a cleaner look ..... but think it is not necessary as it is the natural setting , so why clean it up ???

Canon EOS R 3
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; ISO 5000 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 ; cropped and added canvas to the top as it was a bit tight at top . 80 % of FF
    Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

Well it's rodent month for you and it seems for us too, we open your threads because we cannot help it

Pretty cool capture of those two wrestlers, a fun action image which points to behaviour. Well composed and I like the placement of subjects within the frame. Don't mind the rocks one bit.

Colours look good overall and there's just enough light to reveal good detail in the coats of these two, love the pose and teeth showing, nice interaction!

Really enjoyed this image, let us have some more

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another really good illustrative image showing animal behaviour. The marmots are well isolated and clearly illustrated both heads are in focus, colours look good. (To me you seem to have increased vibrancy a little in certain colours the greens look a little vivid to me but you were there I wasn't.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

thx Gabriela and jon for your comments , much appreciated

jon ... i will say it again , no extra added vibrancy in post to a certain color . if they are pushed ... then as a side product of tonal adjustments . and btw the colors has been quite intense if I recall them correctly .