Thread: Filthy with Juvie Ospreys

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Filthy with Juvie Ospreys

Attached Images Attached Images

There are about eight Paris of Ospreys nesting at the lakefront at Indian Lake Estates. And a few dozen more scattered throughout the community. It has been the best breeding season in the 22 years that I have been here. Many nests have fledged three young, and many others two young. I know of only two nests that fledged just one.

This image was created on 16 June 2022 down by the lake near my home at Indian Lake Estates, FL. Standing just left of the pier, I used the handheld Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS lens with the Sony FE 2.0x Teleconverter, and The One, the Sony Alpha 1 Mirrorless Digital Camera). The exposure was guess-stimated in less than 2 seconds. ISO 1250. 1/3200 sec. at f/5.6 (wide open) in Manual mode. When evaluated in RawDigger, the raw file brightness was determined to be just a tad brighter than perfect. AWB at 8:07:31am on sunny but slightly hazy morning. Tracking: Zone AF-C with Bird Face/Eye detection enabled performed just fine.

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great bird, great pose. I love that we can see the talons. Looks scary.

3. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilija Dukovski View Post
    Great bird, great pose. I love that we can see the talons. Looks scary.

Thanks, Ilija, It is good to see you here. Where have you been? with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice flight pose and well placed in the frame . Cool to see all the patterns in the plumage .
    Personally I would darken the blue sky .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Nice flight pose and well placed in the frame . Cool to see all the patterns in the plumage .
    Personally I would darken the blue sky .

TFS Andreas
    Thanks, Andreas. Personally, I already did that and was happy with the blue tone. The sky was nearly white in the original.

with love, artie

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie, really nice topside of this juvi Osprey. The sky looks okay to me, typical for early mornings in Florida. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good view of the dorsal feathers here. Nice wingspan too. Sounds like you'll have lots of Ospreys flying around! Have you considered removing the line cutting across the two feathers on the top wing?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Good view of the dorsal feathers here. Nice wingspan too. Sounds like you'll have lots of Ospreys flying around! Have you considered removing the line cutting across the two feathers on the top wing?
    I considered it but would love to know what it is ...

with love, artie

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool flight pose Artie, with lots of detail. It does look a little over sharpened to me...at least on my monitor). I'm fine with the sky. My local Osprey haunt will see three hatchings in early August, so looking forward to some action there. I'm jealous of the number of ospreys you have near your home. Cheers.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear King Arthur,

Love the pose here but especially those talons ... ready to grab something the bird has set its eyes upon. Very well framed and nice colours, sharp with nice detail, well seen and captured as well as processed, Sir

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea