Thread: Ospreys

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ospreys

Attached Images Attached Images

Another image from about a half hour Friday morning photographing the Osprey nest at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Dottie and I went there for sunrise this morning, the nest at that time is too much in the shade until the sun rises higher about 7:30 AM. Tomorrow the winds are not favorable but Monday morning looks good with winds shifting from the northeast. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 640 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action and well focused, I like as is.... but wonder if the midtones were reduced a small amount - maybe overall just a little bright??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice nest and braking pose. Do any of the birds every land on the stump above the nest? A bit darker overall would not hurt this one.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful setting, really nice capture. I love that nest.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Nice nest and braking pose. Do any of the birds every land on the stump above the nest? A bit darker overall would not hurt this one.

with love, artie
    Hi Artie, thank you for viewing and commenting. I was there again this morning, one of the adults did land on the stump above the nest. The young will fledge soon they are beginning to perch on the edge of the nest and flap their wings.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great nest, you did well overall on the image. It would be amazing if an adult would land on that stump while the young are still there (and you present!).