Thread: Grund Squirrel II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Grund Squirrel II

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... I keep going with the Squirrels , here are two adults having an " argument " about the provided grass stems collected by me and offered them to have some food and be my models .
    I had to be quick .... placing the grass onto that little mount and then back to the camera .
    Hope you like it .
    With this image I want for a richer and deeper look albeit it was almost the same lighting situation .

Canon EOS R3
    EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
    Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP4 and PSCC 2022 ; slight crop

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cute, Andreas. Are they eating the grass itself or just the seeds? Love the interaction!

I guess they are too fast even for 1/2000s ! Or perhaps you needed more DoF? Very nice BG, you chose the spot/mound well.

This must have been fun - you should have had an assistant to help, I can just imagine you running back to shoot after placing the grass in the 'strategic' position

I like the richer, more vibrant look here. Framing looks good, perhaps a tad less at the top but I suppose you wanted to include that darker bit at the top, for more depth.

So this works for me Boetie, and I am terribly amused looking at these two little critters. Love that little leg off the ground, super timing

Looking forward to more Squirrel 'antiques' from you, well done, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela your wording is much appreciated ... there is a DOF issue with the the one in the back not an SS issue .
    AS the one in the front pin pin sharp

Have a great weekend and there are many more to come .

Cheers andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I gathered this much...was trying to be polite LOL. You know me
    Cannot wait to see more, I bet you have hundreds!
    Enjoy your weekend Boetie
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tonally much better than the previous one, however having the second one hidden and the grass seed over the face of the main one it's very unfortunate, albeit, it shows a nice behaviours aspect.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve .... i do agree with your reservation about being partly unfortunate , but i can live with it with ease . And the seed over the face is very minor , IMHO .
    Cheers andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

about being partly unfortunate , but i can live with it with ease . And the seed over the face is very minor
    Fine, you put it up for Critique and I will endeavour to add my thoughts as always, but it appears most of it, if not all, is pointless.

However with the impending workload I have for the next quarter plus, I probably will be spending less on here, so it won't really matter.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fully ok with your critique , as always
    And it always matter ... even if I do not agree

Shame that you will have less time to spend here ... good luck with workload

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think it is a super shot, the only reservation I have (now and that is because you mentioned it!) the grass does look like it has been stuck in a hole in the ground! If another opportunity arises I would select an area with low lying, flat grass and then put the stems in that and it would look entirely natural.
    Great idea and I like the shot, its only after reflecting upon it I had these reservations.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon ... with hindsight , it might be necessary to use a different technique how to place the food source onto that mound . Was the first time I did something like that .... so not ideal .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- Nice moment , the grass is indeed unfortunate but still the image works as presented. The moment makes up for everything else . And the IQ is pretty good and lighting conditions well handled.

TFS !