Thank You Posts

Default KTP LION

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX
    200-400 Canon
    1/800
    F/11
    Iso 1000
    Last edited by Basil Dardagan; 06-05-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Basil,

It's wonderful to see one of your lovely images here, for I miss the KTP tremendously and especially its lions. Great light and what majestic creature, what beautiful mane. Well framed. Love the pose. And the little yellow flowers!
    Hope you have more, and also hope you can spare a bit of time to comment on others images, we'd love to hear from you. Forum has been a bit quiet lately and I am one of the 'guilty parties', just too much work and not enough time...

Really pleased to see you here Basil, once again thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela. It is REALLY DISHEARTENING how little time I seem to have. I have so many images and dont even know where to start. One thing is for sure.......i love wildlife photography too much to ever give up

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovey composition and pleasing colours. The lion (my favourite animal) looks magnificent
    The image appears a little grainy to me - considering ISO 1000, so was the image a crop? Or was perhaps a little underexposed?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jonathon. There is very little crop and the image was a little over exposed. I must have posted it incorrectly. I will have a look

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Basil ... nice to see you posting again .
    And good to see fresh stuff from the KTP . It is almost 8 years ago since I have been there ...
    A nice setting , albeit being a road image .... think the flowers making it different .
    Nice pose of the Lion , almost statue like .
    Looking on the old MBP 2012 so will leave the colors to others to judge . To me it looks good .
    I see what Jon is referring to ... image does look slightly on the oversharpened side ... I would reduce it and you are good to go I think .

Nice one and TFS Andreas

BTW is the Lion coming straight from the hairdresser .... he is looking like someone had just brushed his mane , not as wild as I remember the gorgeous KTP LIONS

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Basil, great to see you back here and posting and contributing to other postings, looking forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.

The location being on the road isn't ideal, but fully appreciate they use these highways just as much as we do, however he does appear to be rather thin. If you have it, then more below would be great, it's all a bit tight as presented. As Andreas mentioned, I think backing off on the sharpening map help, but also I think you have some heat haze in the BKG, so run a little NR may help, albeit at ISO1000 you should not need it. I see there is some cloning around the front paws, did you need to?

As I say, running a little low NR and adding in a Curves midtone, just pulls out a bit more depth & tone. I could be wrong as I'm viewing on the laptop so I'll let you decide.

All the best
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Basil -- Nice to have you posting.

I liked the beautiful looking lion standing serenely, with well combed mane. The flowers are adding to the scene. Am not a fan of tyre tracks but nothing you could have done abt it apart from some tedious cloning work. Would have liked some more space at the foot of the image. Sharpening looks marginally crunchy . A nice image nonetheless.

TFS !