Thread: Dancing Blue Feet

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dancing Blue Feet

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created five minutes before had to get back to the Samba and head home. I used the Nikon 500 PF and the NIKON D850. ISO 500: 1/500 sec. at f/5.6 wide open.

All comments welcome and appreciated.

If you have been dreaming of visiting the Galapagos, check out my 2023 trip here. Not only will you get to visit all the great sites, you will make the three best landings twice each, and return home a much better photographer.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the image, Artie. No nits from me... My bias is showing but the D850 and the 500PF made some wonderful images for you. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Arthur ... well timed shot , love the comical effect of the behavior .
    A very attractive subject ... funnily captured . Marching for .... whatever

Nice work all around

TFS Andreas

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is fab.......Those blue feet look real good......Great pose and the detail on the bird....HA spot on.....Personally I would have went for a faster SS and higher ISO....but looks like 1/500 sec done the business....

Will

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    HI Arthur ... well timed shot , love the comical effect of the behavior .
    A very attractive subject ... funnily captured . Marching for .... whatever

Nice work all around

TFS Andreas
    My pleasure. Thanks, Andreas. I believe it was marching for sex!

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    This is fab.......Those blue feet look real good......Great pose and the detail on the bird....HA spot on.....Personally I would have went for a faster SS and higher ISO....but looks like 1/500 sec done the business....

Will
    This was pre-Topaz DeNoise. I would do the same thing now.

with love, artie

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Przybyla View Post
    Love the image, Artie. No nits from me... My bias is showing but the D850 and the 500PF made some wonderful images for you. Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks, Joe. My point has always been that good photographers can make great photos with whatever gear they are using. But the fact is that it is simply easier to do with Sony, especially with the a1, and the the AF systems on the best mirrorless camera bodies of today will soon make dSLRs obsolete for those who photograph birds in flight. Do understand that folks have been making great flight images for many years with Canon and Nikon dSLR bodies. But with the a1 and the other top dogs, tracking AF is more consistently accurate. Period.

with love, artie

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always nice to add a bit of humour into an image and these are great subjects for that. You caught their courtship dance well and I like the head turn here Artie. The red soil/rocks gives a lovely backdrop and context, plus those cyan feet really pop nicely. Personally I with Will on upping the ISO for greater SS and reduce any pixel blur.

Sadly missed the trip back to the Galapagos due to the CV pandemic, there’s always next time.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute subject, Sir Arthur! Wonderful pose and great colours, well framed too. Love the HA. Really enjoyed viewing and hope to see more,

Warmest regards,

Gabriela
    Gabriela Plesea

13. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've captured this bird and behavior perfectly; the blue feet crack on the red earth! Love the skyward gaze and ruffled neck. This is basically a commercial for the Galapagos. Well done.

15. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a cool pose. Love the earthy rock colors behind and the funny pose. Well captured, framed and presented sir!

17. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute and adorable and those blues are to die for! Nice BG. Beautifully exposed with lovely detail, love the pose!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea