Thread: Yellow Warbler Surrounded By Spring.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow Warbler Surrounded By Spring.

Attached Images Attached Images

Small in the frame, and buried in a flowering decorative crabapple tree at a local arboretum. The window of opportunity is so short with these flowering trees, and to make matters worse a strong storm system, one that authorities are calling a "derecho", swept across the city. This downed many trees around the city and forests, caused widespread damage to people's properties and homes, and pretty much put an end to any flowers in the trees as well. We were spared, but boy was it ever a violent storm! Anyhow, this was photographed a couple of days prior...

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4 TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/5.6, ISO 3200, natural light, handheld, FF, contrast and saturation adjusted to taste, a couple of offending bits removed from the edges.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel ... gotta love this frame !!
    A good example of a well executed " small in the frame " shot . Love the setting with all those flowers and the color contrasting subject .... well done .

Might be me , just wish the bird would be a tad sharper ....

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very, very nice Dan.....As Andreas said..a good example of small in frame....The DOF on the flowers looks real good, as does the colours throughout....Did you intentionally not sharpen the bird, it does 'fit into the BG' as is....

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beauty of an environmental shot. Love the way the yellow stands out. I see Andreas' point: this seems a bit similar to many of my recent yellow warbler frames, where the foliage in front of the bird seems just a bit sharper than the bird.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with the positive comments made here. Just goes to show how this type of composition works so well. yes to the bird being a bit sharper.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is rally beautiful, Dan. These sorts of shots only work in overcast, and you really nailed it with the setting and colors. I agree the bird could be a bit sharper.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not sure what to say other than just gorgeous. Wish I had more to offer but the yellow on the pinks is just outstanding and the composition is first class.

A real treat, blessings Daniel!