Thread: Golden-winged Warbler

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden-winged Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

A golden winged warbler on his nesting grounds in northern Minnesota near Floodwood along a forest road.

Nikon Z9, 800 6.3, 1/640, f 6.3, ISO 220.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done and share as a tack. I would not mind a tiny crop from the bottom and more room in front of the bird.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Well done and share as a tack. I would not mind a tiny crop from the bottom and more room in front of the bird.

with love, artie
    Thanks Artie, heading back to this spot a few more times in coming weeks so hope to get him again.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good luck, Paul. It is a great bird.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Paul .... nice bird but the conditions seemed to be a bit tough to get the perfect shot .
    Posing is nice .

To me the image does appear quite dark and contrasty , as a consequence the sharpness does look a bit overcooked and somehow coarse , just my take .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Paul, a quite rare bird for most of us so congrats on getting a pretty clean image of it!

Nice pose and very nice eye contact. Agree with Artie that you did well to nail it tack sharp.

The main points of critique from my view are that it appears to be in pretty harsh/high light as evidenced by the severe underbody shadows. Given that, you worked through the processing pretty well.

Otherwise, I do like to integrate vignettes in certain cases but think perhaps it is a bit overwhelming here. You could consider going with a traditional crop (2x3 or 5x7) then apply some vignette and that will help it avoid the tail and give some potentially more pleasing viewing.

Keep em coming sir!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose of a hard to shoot species. Also looks sharp to me. Agreee with points about the vignette and contrast.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent bird, and good points already brought up. A bit big in the frame for my personal taste. Glad you have a spot for them - and have fun with your next outing(s) with them!