Thread: Red Squirrel in snow

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel in snow

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... quite quiet in here

Today we had somehow unusual snowfall , thought it was an April fool
    So I went quickly , but late in the day , to the Squirrel location . Luckily I found one , albeit the Squirrel was there only for a couple of shots . Maybe it was just too late in the day ... all gone to bed already , who knows .
    I just got some classical shots , nothing fancy , but I liked the snow on the ground giving great contrast to the squirrel . Would have wished for more snow on the ground .... but hey I am happy with the result .

Canon EOS R3
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F 4,5 ;Iso 2500 ;1/400 sec ; man exp

Just for the fun , I have used DXO Pure RAW 2 , then exported into C1 , finalized in PS . Little gardening in the FG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks good Andreas, DxO makes an enormous difference to my Olympus files, so much that it became a standard part of my processing when using the EM-1X and MkIII, I can't wait for OM-1 compatibility.
    Composition and colours look good as do details, my only reservation is the reflection in the eye but I fear not a great deal could be done about that.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always nice when you get a surprise, but then get out with your camera.

I just wonder if it needs a slight rotation, but I would remove the diagonal stem (in green) the rubs through the paw & head and the partial nut on the ground. ISO looks better at 25k than 2500????

Well done for getting out there.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute Andreas and I love the colours and vibrancy on the squirrel. What is she /he munching on, a little nut?
    Lovely image overall and the snow adds so much to the scene, it's pretty unusual.
    I think Steve is right about the stem, my eyes keep going there and I would really remove it if this was mine.
    Good detail and sharpness at 1/400s despite some movement, well exposed, love the snow bits - great image Boetie.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks folks for your kind comments .... much appreciated .

I was impressed ( at first ) with the way how DXO handled the file , but only till I processed it my normal route .
    Wonder if you share my thoughts ...

Used the slow SS for some frames as I wanted to capture the falling snow , but it did not worked the way I wanted it ..... there was not enough snow fall and the SS still too fast . But hey it was fun to have the snowy situation out in the bush

So here you go : RP with DPP and PSCC 2022 .