Thread: Bore You With Tigers - 6

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bore You With Tigers - 6

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Everyone ! I hope you all are keeping well.

Continuing with the tiger series. Sighted this young tiger at night . Some might not like the artificial lighting conditions but seeing and photographing a Tiger in night time is challenging, thrilling and fun.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2023, WB, curves, selective colour, NR , sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm f4 with 1.4 x TC engaged, bean bag support.

ss 1/80, f/5.6, iso 8000.

looking forward for all your comments and suggestions be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, yes these are tough shots and may not appeal to everyone. I like it as presented. Good composition with the tiger giving a nice pose and what a handsome tiger! Fine details are lacking but an engaging frame overall. T F S.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for sharing, Haseeb. I do realise how special, thrilling and fun those sightings at night must be. But please forgive me for saying this, I am deeply concerned about the lack of sensitivity on the part of your guide when it comes to shining lights into the eyes of the animals. I do realise the income derived from guests is valuable but... in this instance the animal would have had to wait for the guide to take the light away in order to adjust to the dark again so it can hunt... or just protect itself from other predators. What your guide did severely disadvantaged the tiger, a species I know you love and respect tremendously.

Kind regards,

Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Doc and Gabriela .
    @Gabriela : the light was not hit on it’s face , infact I had to brighten up the face in PP . Also the light settings were kept on minimum and we only used light while clicking few frames and hit the light on it’s chest . Rest of the time we just felt the presence of the feline. Thanks for your concern and can understand your love for the animals but we do keep that in mind while photographing in the night time.

5. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not seen a Tiger shot at night, I might darken that LHS and address the HL's in the pupils.

Good to explore and push yourself Haseeb.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dramatic image, IQ I would have thought could be a little better (?). I with Gabriela, I do not think it is a good idea to be shining lights on these predators no matter how considerate it may appear to be done........ I doubt the tiger would find it so.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thankyou Steve and Jon for your honest opinions. And I am perfectly fine whether someone liking or not liking these kind of images in artificial light. But just sharing a link from an old post here on BPN , where Jon and Gabriela had no problems with similar kind of stuff. Just wanted to know what has changed since then ? Why two different opinions ?

http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...t=Rachel+night

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb ... not my cuppa , was not and will never be .
    Unless the night drives are the only chance to photograph the subjects , but one can shoot the Tiger in daylight .... so would not try to photograph him . I would go to watch him by night ....

TFS Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb badar View Post
    Thankyou Steve and Jon for your honest opinions. And I am perfectly fine whether someone liking or not liking these kind of images in artificial light. But just sharing a link from an old post here on BPN , where Jon and Gabriela had no problems with similar kind of stuff. Just wanted to know what has changed since then ? Why two different opinions ?

http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...t=Rachel+night
    Haseeb, the difference was I was commenting upon the appearance of the image, I did not mention the fact that I did not really like artificial light, I see your point it sounds like double talk. Isuppose it is but it is, it is not my intention to criticise you and no one else under similar circumstance.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

@Jon — it just appeared to me that way hence conveyed the same. Otherwise no issues whatsoever, always open to all opinions and suggestions.