Thread: LeConte's Thrasher

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default LeConte's Thrasher

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,

I took this picture last October at Joshua Tree National park. LeConte's Thrashers are the palest thrasher. So they blend in extremely well in their desert habitat. They are a rather difficult to find in CA and only in the breeding season they perch high off the ground. So I was super excited to find a pair after several visits to Joshua Tree (so far my only encounter with this species). The bird spent some time singing in the early cloudy morning.

I removed a couple of Yucca needles from the left center of the image. Brightened up the background and added a little contrast to the bird to make it stand out a little. Processed in C1 Pro 2021, PS CC. NR and sharpening with Topaz.

D850 500mm PF
    1/1000s ISO 1250
    HH
    Last edited by Sharif Uddin; 01-20-2022 at 01:24 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

There aren't many good images of this species, so this is a really nice result even with the blotchy bush behind. Bird is super sharp, and I really like the gripping feet.

I've only seen 5-7 individuals (all around Taft, in Kern County), and they spent most of their time running around like mini-roadrunners. You were lucky to get one up like this!
    Incidentally, I usually see Bell's Sparrows at the sights where I've seen these.

3. Thanks Sharif Uddin thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sharif ... good to see you posting high quality images !!!
    Nicely processed , well composed .... i do like the overall soft tonality and color rendering .
    The OOF bush helped here to make the subject stand out nicely .
    Good work in the field and in the darkroom .

TFS Andreas

5. Thanks Sharif Uddin thanked for this post