Thread: Winter Wren In Winter Setting.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Winter Wren In Winter Setting.

Attached Images Attached Images

This little fella decided it wants to stick around rather than migrate south like the others of its species. Fine with me if that means unusual photo ops in winter settings! Lots of fun stuff was had, and it had no care in the world of my presence as it foraged right at my feet at times. It did find lots to eat as well, continually plucking tiny tidbits out of the water. This bird moves non-stop, and is a test of nerves as whenever I had it in the viewfinder it hopped out of view onto another spot before I could take the shot. Fun!!

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the comp, minor water cleanup, and some eye-work to fix a wonky reflection in it. Oh, and a nasty blue cast neutralized via "Colour Balance" (added lots of reds globally)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good of it to hang around for you, nice shot and sweet exposure. Lol about the quick movement, sometimes it's just a matter of lock and shoot and hope for the desired frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan, those little feet must have been freezing standing/perched on the ice. I havent seen this species before - a very rounded body shape. Always decisions about partial reflections, leave them in, or crop up from the bottom to eliminate them. You chose the former.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Daniel, the touch of snow behind and subject looking into the open water wins it here for me.

Love all of the detail present in the body plumage and fantastic job working the eye. Like that the beak cleared the ice.

Color looks solid, not a lot to nit. Well done!