Thread: Posing nicely...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Posing nicely...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f8 1/1000 ISO 500 HH, Manual EXP

Was watching this beauty below my position when suddenly flew up to a branch at eye level. Just about posed for me but with sun off to the left . Waited for head turn into the light and grabbed this before the moment was over. Created late afternoon on clear evening.
    Last edited by David Roach; 12-26-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, handsome subject. Love the magenta feather colors complimented by the eye.

Overall a solid composition. The darker, lush but dramatic bkg works well. Sun angle slightly off to the side but works ok.

Main nit for me is it feels like it could use a little extra sharpening in the eye and face. Seems to be a sharp file near as I can tell so something I'm sure you could improve in post. Just my $0.02

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Hi David, handsome subject. Love the magenta feather colors complimented by the eye.

Overall a solid composition. The darker, lush but dramatic bkg works well. Sun angle slightly off to the side but works ok.

Main nit for me is it feels like it could use a little extra sharpening in the eye and face. Seems to be a sharp file near as I can tell so something I'm sure you could improve in post. Just my $0.02
    Your $0.02 always welcome, my friend... Yes, this was barely sharpened after resize as it looked good to me. Perhaps a little more is needed. Thanks as always for your always valued help.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A really cool shot, love the colours, sharpening looks good to me. The bill detail may be enhanced a little by pulling down the 5/6 lights.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post