Thread: 007 Sunrise

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default 007 Sunrise

Name:  20211211-Goldeneye-Drake-Orange-Float-full-Brian-Sump-BSR53789-Edit-SHARPEN-v7.jpg
Views: 7689
Size:  568.7 KB

The same Common Goldeneye Drake but a little earlier in the am before the sun went behind the clouds.

Really appreciated the prior comments about the soft light taming the tones. Well, this is certainly going to have a lot more contrast with the rich, winter sunlight but I worked with the full histogram.

NOTE - this is basically full-frame with exception of adding some canvas right to give some room after a degree rotation or so. The final rotated and cropped file was still 8200 pixels in length. So I know it may feel a bit tight to some but figured I'd just let it be.

R5
    840mm
    Handheld and captured through external screen
    ISO 1600
    f7.1
    1/6400

LR and PS. Cloned a few bright specs on the head and extra catchlight.

2. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh sooooo lovely frame , Brian .
    Stunning water color and a big hooray for the flipped back screen .
    Those rendered whites are looking right on the dot , colors look good and the overall tones are matching .

I do feel dizzy looking at your techs and the techs I have to work with .... at the moment . Your SS seem to be a bit of an overkill ... but I think your were expecting some action

Thanks for sharing ... Mr Duck

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with Andreas......Beautiful frame Brian....Lovely colours throughout with spot on feather detail......The colours in the BG/FG really bring the frame alive...Nice pose and HA....Crop looks good to me..

Well done

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Absolutely beautiful Brian, maybe a tad more room left and right, but having said that it looks pretty darned good to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oooh, I love the deep wine-bottle greens on the head. Not to mention the perfect subtle head angle on said head. And of course the low angle is as I love it. Excellent IQ. The comp feels comfortable to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning subject, color, and light. The head angle is perfect. The low perspective is killer. Did you use the ankle-pod technique??? And the two-toned background is sweeter than sweet.

Well done on all counts.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all for the very insightful and encouraging comments. I am glad it was well received :-)

Artie, yes RE the "ankle-pod" technique lol - the foot of the lens was gently resting on the inside arch of my left foot as it was laying flat on the ground.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Can't beat that low angle. Also that background color. Killer.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not much to say other than just stunning. Beautiful.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

It is a wonderful frame and wonderful processing! You are a master of your craft, and I am in awe! Do you photograph only birds and wildlife, or do you still do commercial photo shoots? Now I am looking for a photographer for a family photo shoot, and I would like you to be that photographer. How do you feel about such a proposal? I need good photos that I can print out and order frames for them on frameshop.com.au, for example. But I want these family photos to be taken by a real professional like you.