Thread: Lioness

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lioness

Attached Images Attached Images

Lioness

The light is not great however i was rather pleased with the result especially as i had to grab my camera and quickly shoot this 1 frame out the back window evading my kids in the process.

Canon1Dx2
    200-400
    1/4000
    F4
    Iso800
    Last edited by Basil Dardagan; 12-05-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Dardagan View Post
    Lioness

The light is not great however i was rather pleased with the result especially as i had to grab my camera and quickly shoot this 1 frame out the back window evading my kids in the process.

Canon1Dx2
    200-400
    1/4000
    F4
    Iso800
    Basil, I don't think you have attached the image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Forgive me please Jonathon. We have load shedding (electriciy) in SA which kicked in while i was posting

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice frame Basil, though the light was harsh you handled it well. Nice colours. Well composed.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Basil, I like your framing and intense stare of the female, the kinked front paw coupled with the body posture is very cool, but lowering the whole frame down a fraction so a tad more below would have been better.

Techs, 1/4000 was a bit high, dropping to say 1/2500 and f/5.6 I feel might have been better. The image looks/appears dark to me, also quite coarse, not much fine detail, perhaps too much Clarity & Contrast coupled with some harder sharpening? Colour appears a little off and I think a slight tweak in the WB then adding some Vibrance/Saturation may help? Is it a branch over the rear leg that is creating some weird markings?

Overall it's a good image Basil, refining some of the areas I think will elevate it to were it ends to be.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Basil, a pretty impressive stance on the lioness, I really like the pose , her intention is clear. My initial reaction was also that it looked a little edgey or crisp. Implementing Steve's suggestions really does make an enormous difference, because the image is so communicative I think it would be good if you went back to the original raw file and made a repost, I feel you would find it very worthwhile.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Basil -- I loved the intense stare. What a sight.

You have done well considering the situation and time on hand.

Nice image overall but too much ss , but can understand how it reached to that point.

TFS !