Thread: Oh oh new toy ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Oh oh new toy ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .... received my new complicated , LOL , toy .
    Things seems somehow different in the mirrorless world and I really have to get used to ALL of it .
    Nevertheless I went out into local park to find something to practice in gorgeous light . Had to work with ISO range between 10 to 25k .... quite sunny here , LOL .

At least loads of squirrels to see .

So here you go a first quick edit with the new toy .... DPP is a pain in the **** with these cr3 files . Seems to work even slower with the R3 files .... Canon really need to speed up this software . Files looking very good in terms of IQ .... a next step IMHO .

Canon R3
    EF 200-400 IS L at 400 mm
    HH

F4 ; Iso 10.000 ; 1/1000 ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 slightly cropped

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas
    Last edited by Andreas Liedmann; 11-29-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas you worry too much, it looks fine. Colours and details look very good indeed, just as good as the other camera to my eye. The overall composition is good and the background shows the squirrel to good effect. I appreciate the squirrels in Germany are dark, in fact many are dark local to where I live - because they were originally imported from Germany!
    I know you will say "No" but if DPP is a pain in the arse try Photoshop (ACR/LR) - quite a few people use it to good effect!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon ... for your comment .

I am not worrying about the output Jon ... i am " worrying" about the camera and the options the toy is giving me . Way more complex than the DSLR´s I have had in my hands .... so far . I just might get used to it .... and follow a learning curve .
    Our Squirrels are red as yours ... but we have the same issues with the dark ones . Depending on the area you have more " Americanos " .... than the nice red ones , where I was today .... there were more darker ones .

No No .... to Mr Adobe regarding the raw conversion , have to wait for Mr Capture One . So far no support .... for the R3 files .

Cheers Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, can't really say too much looking at the file on the laptop, but I do like the wet, bedraggled look, adds to the scene. Won't ask re techs, or discuss, can keep that off line.

Somewhat surprised about the rad speed with DPP, as bot Lr & ACR lap things up with no problems, but guess you could bake a cake whilst DPP does its thing.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Shew the IQ is amazing at 10 000. Its a beautiful image of a cute little creature. As for that camera (for me)..............maybe in 20 years time Good luck with it

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve and Basil for your comments , much appreciated .

Steve .... i am following your suggestion ( about the techs) not really with conviction ........ but before it hurts . Good for me I do not have read complaints about the techs .....

Thanx again , Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image Andreas -- You just keep producing stunning results, no matter what the subject is they all look fantastic .

Loved it.

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the kind wording Haseeb , I try hard to get the most out of every situation .... I guess we all try !!!

Cheers Andreas