Thank You Posts

Default Blue tit

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX Mk2
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2
    f/4
    1/640
    ISO 4000

Another from the set up.....I changed tactics and removed the 1x4...light from the low sun was being filtered by the surrounding trees......Moved the tripod 2 feet towards the perch....I think this is my first post at ISO 4000

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think this is my first post at ISO 4000
    And did the camera fall apart, explode, perhaps even deliver the image Will???? Well going to 6400 would not have made much more difference Will and you could have added a tad more DoF, or SS if you wanted, but hopefully you will now feel more confident after all these years to just pushed things its a 1DXMK2!!!!

Overall you did very well and that prop is in line for Royalties I think, but it adds character to the shot. Good detail and I like the angle pose and that you can see the whole subject, including the feet, and shot wide open worked. You picked a nice clean BKG so the image has nothing to fight against and so you see the subject in a good environment. Personally I feel overalll the image is a little thin, everything is a bit light, this is where in the Winter months Will you should explore Curves & Lumo masks, as that perch is awesome once you build on layers and masks and the lichen really bring home far more character. The subject is good, but again I feel just needs a little more tone to add some depth, but not as much as the perch. The whole capture then takes on a greater presence and impact. These are subtle tweaks. but quite powerful in what they do Will, but your images will then elevate far more and go to where they should be by now.

Saying that, the overall flat, soft light is nice, it won't give you Saturation nor does it need added Contrast, but just a few more layers of adjustments IMHO.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi William,

good job. congratulations :)

4. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve....Thanks for that....The set up is in shadow, unless I get some sun coming through....some days are better than others....Thanks for the tips, I processed one today, which I captured previous to my last post....I'll post it on here....Now that I am 'quite happy' with higher ISOs I should be able to get a faster SS and I think f/7.1 would be better...

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Will, as I have said to you, you should have no fears in pushing the ISO, don’t get held back and play safe by looking at others. If you expose ETTR you have nothing to fear and that hurdle will be a thing of the past.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

7. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will ... very nice overall frame of this lovey species .
    All works well together for subject over the perch to the clean BG !!!
    Well done .

Personally I would add more depth overall , but work with different layers to address the various tonal ranges .... depending on taste and needs .

TFS Andreas

9. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post