Thread: Dunlin with max bokeh

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dunlin with max bokeh

Another one from South Padre Island in Texas. Green half of frame is a distant dune covered in beach grasses.

This was the only frame of several hundred where the feeding bird 1) has it's head up and 2) looked generally in my direction

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS R5
    1/4000 at f/5.6, ISO 800
    Processed in LR CC. Cloned catchlight reflection but nothing else.

Name:  dunlin hella blur 111221-Edit.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  535.3 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My kind of shorebird image!! Love the ultra-low angle. Wavy line across the frame adds interest. These guys can be so consumed with their feeding that I can relate to the tough time getting the perfect pose! Sometimes some pishing or a loud "kissing" noise works for me, but they quickly ignore it after one or two takes.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    My kind of shorebird image!! Love the ultra-low angle. Wavy line across the frame adds interest. These guys can be so consumed with their feeding that I can relate to the tough time getting the perfect pose! Sometimes some pishing or a loud "kissing" noise works for me, but they quickly ignore it after one or two takes.
    Yeah, I was pishing and whistling without much notice. The heavy-*** shutter on my old DX2 was usually enough on it's own, but the electronic is a different story!