Thread: Black-bellied Plover and Waves.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black-bellied Plover and Waves.

Attached Images Attached Images

On a particularly windy morning, the river was throwing off large waves against a jetty, and as luck would have it, I had a subject standing right next to the water action. It just stayed there for a goof half-hour enjoying the show. This is the best angle I could get - moving either direction had me falling in the water or introducing worse elements in the frame, so I am happily settling with the extra FG rock.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, almost FF, sat and contrast to taste.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan, I like the setting, not so sure on the FG rock, I wonder about coming up slightly just to reduce the amount? The two water droplets touching the tail I think are OK, some may feel they should go. Would a fast SS, ie going ISO2000 and take the SS to 1/3200 add more... because of freezing the water even more, WDYT?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Perfect pose, smooth light and neat wave action. I would also be inclined to reduce the amount of OOF rock.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have to admit I had a hard time cutting some of the rock away as I love the space between the wave at right and the bottom edge and I felt that extra rock looked even more out of place when only a smaller bit of it showing. I do wish it was not there at all though. I still love the image alot .

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Getting this almost FF and then apologizing profusely just makes me chuckle... This non pixel peeper loves evry pixel. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto David's comment. If anything I'd remove just a small bit off the bottom, but this is the environment, so it is what it is. I like all the water drops. Cheers.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image, something different. Fine as is as far as I'm concerned, the OOF rock doesn't bother me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel .... besides the rock in LLC , which might be not ideal , I think it does look nice overall .
    Love the splashing water !!!
    Always love the fact that you create a living eye in your postings ... .... instead of black holes like .....

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love it as is. The rock on the left actually balances the composition ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.