Thread: Wetland whites...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wetland whites...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f8 1/1000 ISO 200 Manual EXP, HH, cropped for better portrait composition.

On a beautiful clear fall afternoon was out earlier than usual (created 3.5 hours before sunset) and spotted this white flash in full light with shadows behind. Bright light not withstanding, set EXP with ETTR including small blip against the right side. This was created during the pull back from a failed deep plunge in the waters below. This frame was the first with membrane fully cleared. A few thankfully small over exposed droplets on the beak and eye removed with healing brush.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nicely framed and well-processed juvie -- note the dark line on the top of the end of the upper mandible. Sweet background too, but not a huge fan of the BLUE area near the LLC.

with love, artie

ps: where was this image created?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot, well detailed, pleasing composition, as with your previous shot I cannot help but feel there is more detail to be shown by reducing the highlights/luminosity.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Was that really iso 200 in such low light and f8? Nicely done, love the sharp lines of these birds.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Driscoll View Post
    Was that really iso 200 in such low light and f8? Nicely done, love the sharp lines of these birds.
    Hi Colin and in fact it was harsh light (3.5 hours from sunset with clear skies). ISO 200 is correct. Thanks for your comments.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Nice shot, well detailed, pleasing composition, as with your previous shot I cannot help but feel there is more detail to be shown by reducing the highlights/luminosity.
    Hi Jon, You have said that on many of my posts leading me to believe the spyder (and my ambient light) leaves my monitor very dim after calibration. It is not a high end monitor (although 4K) and that may be the difference. It looks good to me on my monitor with good detail already. Looks too grey if I lower highlights/luminosity to me (again, that's on my monitor with suggested spyder brightness). Thanks as always for the always valued help.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    A nicely framed and well-processed juvie -- note the dark line on the top of the end of the upper mandible. Sweet background too, but not a huge fan of the BLUE area near the LLC.

with love, artie

ps: where was this image created?
    Wakodahatchee wetlands and thanks for the valued help.