Thread: Roseate Spoonbills

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Roseate Spoonbills

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF, handheld sitting on the top of the banking next to the car
    1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 1000 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Sharpen AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot, Joe. Too bad that the LH spoonie is facing away, but nice that you got his eye showing. All in all, a pleasing frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice job with the high key and I love the raindrops. The fact that the head of the bird on our right is angled away from the viewer bothers me more than the head of the bird on our left ... Not much you could have done about that in that instant.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it, head angles apart, super control over the exposure and detail, a really good image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe:

I like the rain drops, exposure, colors. Could consider a vertical of the right bird only.

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton