Thread: Bedtime at sunset...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bedtime at sunset...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 f8 1/1600 ISO 2500 Manual EXP, HH, cropped for portrait composition

Created at sunset with a clear western sky.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David I like the framing and 'classic' 3/4 angle/pose.

It's a shame some of the 'pristine' feathers are a little grubby, the light appears quite bright, but I think you can extract a bit more depth from the white plumage, likewise the pink face has some gorgeous detail which could be enhanced even more. Like the green saturated backdrop, again perhaps a small curves adjustment to add a tad more pop may add even more separation, but overall I like it.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the soft light and colors and the BKGR. It is easy-enough to clean up the dirt on the feathers. The white feathers look fine to me but I would not mind a bit more detail in the pink bill.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post