Thread: Blue-tailed Bee Eater

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Blue-tailed Bee Eater

This is my first time posting here. Please feel free to comment.

Name:  _DSC9258-DeNoiseAI-standard-gigapixel-standard-scale-1_70x-SAI-motion©HD.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  589.2 KB

Subject: Blue-tailed Bee Eater (BTBE)
    Weather: Overcast and partly cloudy
    Equipment: SONY A1 / 600GM with 1.4TC
    Settings: Manual mode, IS0 4000, f5.6 @ 1/8000
    Method: Handheld

Jet Lim Photography

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jet, really nice to have you here!

Congrats on a solid first contribution. A colorful perched bird snatching an insect mid-air is not easy.

Looking at the eye of the subject, it appears sharp however it seems like you've lost a lot of detail in the plumage in post processing. What programs do you use and what is your basic process?

Overall your choice of composition works fine from my view. You might also look at adding a touch of warmth and perhaps a couple points of magenta, as a personal preference.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jet, welcome to BPN!!

Pretty neat first post! Great bird with fun action (maybe not fun for the wasp though). Great BG here. Good critique by Brian too, which I agree with.

Looking forward to more!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super-sharp on the face with a great catch! And yes, welcome to BPN. Would love to see some more.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Hi Jet, really nice to have you here!

Congrats on a solid first contribution. A colorful perched bird snatching an insect mid-air is not easy.

Looking at the eye of the subject, it appears sharp however it seems like you've lost a lot of detail in the plumage in post processing. What programs do you use and what is your basic process?

Overall your choice of composition works fine from my view. You might also look at adding a touch of warmth and perhaps a couple points of magenta, as a personal preference.
    Yes Brian. I lost a lot of details due to the resizing when compared to the original image. I am using Photoshop to resize so I am not sure if I am doing it correctly or not. If you have a better method to retain the details, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback too. Greatly appreciated!