Thread: Osteospermum Sunshine beauty

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osteospermum Sunshine beauty

Attached Images Attached Images

I normally post to the avian forum, but here's a recent image taken in my garden. When I first started my photography journey I used to take macro shots like this one. Hope you like it. Cheers.

Canon 6D/100mm f2.8 macro lens, 1/125th sec@f11, iso800, manual mode, hh. Basic adjustments in acr and ps.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Paul welcome to the forum. Colours look very pleasing, the composition is for me a little confusing, the primary subject is sharp in part and it overlaps the background flowers. The question for me is what does the image convey to me, is it three flowers or one principal flower with two incidental ones in the background. Could the primary flower head have been shown to better effect, would an alternative angle have been better, could DOF be greater - perhaps a stacked image? Just food for thought Paul you may disagree, that's fine, I am just making a few suggestions.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jonathan: Thank you for the welcome and feedback. Your questions are valid for sure. However, in this instance this is exactly the composition I was after. After taking the image I said "yes...I really like this one" but I know the mileage may vary for other people as they say. Cheers.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool looking flowers. The background doesn't make it for me. Nice to see you over here posting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks John, I appreciate the feedback.