Thread: Wood Duck Autumn Reflection.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wood Duck Autumn Reflection.

Attached Images Attached Images

These guys are at peak plumage right now, and will linger around until water freeze-up (which is coming too soon!). Then they'll be back late March / early April, but until then we're really enjoying the colours...both of the birds and the trees This spot has many Wood Ducks, they are habituated to the presence of people, and actually come in hoping for handouts, so it's easy pickings, but isolating one against a nice background is a challenge. Persistence and strategic feeding (they like sunflower seeds) pays off though.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/160s., f/8, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld (kneepod technique), almost FF (small rotation and cropped the corners, removed some pesky small white floaties in the water.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Delicious as expected :)

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one Daniel. The gold is, well.... golden!

Having just posted one similar as you know, I do really like the composition, and colors too. Detail looks great.

Was the light high on this one?