Thread: Loggerhead Shrike

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Loggerhead Shrike

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image along Joe Overstreet Road in Kenansville, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF, Handheld
    1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 1400 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Joe Overstreet Road in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-...ic-site-guide/
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 10-24-2021 at 10:31 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image Joe, like the hint of water droplets on the plumage. A bit tight for my tastes.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Nice image Joe, like the hint of water droplets on the plumage. A bit tight for my tastes.

TFS
    Steve
    Hi Steve, after reading your comment I edited the image loosening the crop. I had the room without adding canvas. Sometimes a failing of mine cropping too tight wanting certain details to show better, kind of focusing on the trees without considering the whole forest. Thank you for viewing and commenting.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sometimes a failing of mine cropping too tight wanting certain details to show better, kind of focusing on the trees without considering the whole forest.
    Better IMHO Joe, ditto the IQ but no idea where the line has come from on the RHS????
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Better IMHO Joe, ditto the IQ but no idea where the line has come from on the RHS????
    Hi Steve, I know where the line comes from... A spider web I removed in the original post but neglected to do so in the repost.
    Joe Przybyla

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks good Joe....Nice pose, colours and details on the bird....Great BG and I really like that perch...Yes, more room around the bird looks better....I must admit I am as guilty for the same failing....

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jo, that's great, I prefer the second image, the details are super and the tones are good, the spider web does not trouble me though I understand most folk would remove it. Pretty neat perch too!