Thread: Wrapped around ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wrapped around ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks and Gabriela ...
    For me the only and closest sighting of a Leopard cub I could get in my hole life , well talking about wild animals .
    This happened quite short and took place in South Luangwe NP in Sambia .
    Contained hours of waiting , finally rewarded with a few seconds of shooting options .
    Hope you like it ...
    Not really 100 % on the overall output in terms of focusing more on the cub , via tonal adjustments .
    It was just overall flat scene , shot through a small gap of bushes .
    If one has a great idea ... please RP .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/1250 sec ( think DOF is on the money for the cub )

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; slight crop and added canvas to the top and RHS , removed one thicker twig that ran across mum's body on LHS

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice moment you have captured here. Detail looks great. I like the setting.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice tender moment Andreas, but yet for me 'it's so close, yet so far' and for me it's the DoF you have highlighted. Mum is so close in being in focus, F/9 might have just pulled Mum in creating a really cute and engaging image, this is why we have the DoF preview button. Nicely processed.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much Boetie,

I would love to have a leopard cub image in my folders...but so far I have not been able to capture one on camera. Saw three (yes, three!) cubs with mom one evening, not long ago... But had to put camera down and just enjoy watching the interaction. Just not enough light...

Beautiful pose from those two. Cub is stunning, what lovely expression, he (or she) looks so happy and safe in mom's embrace. They both appear to be in great condition, which is awesome! Yes DoF is spot on for the cub. Looking back, would you like more DoF to have the mom in focus as well?

Love the moment you captured and your PP work is - as expected - very good, very thoughtful...love the colours and tonality. Well composed, good exposure. Really appreciate this post and a little envious too Hope to see more. Many thanks again

Warmest regards and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot Andreas the colours look fine to me as do details, yes I share a little frustration over DOF but I think you would be on a hiding to nothing. If you had gone f8/f11 I bet the mother's eyes would have been sharper and then we would have been wishing the ears were in focus too.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a beauty of an Image Andreas , loved this one all the way.

I loved the little one's curious look . IMO i might not be able to give that constructive critique for now as i am out of touch , but as a laymen this appears pretty fine to me.

Enjoyed viewing this , TFS !