Thread: My old friend, by now...

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My old friend, by now...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/1300 ISO 20000 HH, Manual EXP, cropped to pano from horizontal for composition

Haven't been taking the rig on bike rides as the mornings and evenings have been consistently overcast. Did notice the common moorhen chicks I have followed for weeks are now fully fledged yet still hang out with parents even though they now have a new brood. Actually broke down and took camera to get the new chicks despite the overcast conditions. Alas, the parents would not let the youngsters come out of the high grass while I lay nearby. This is the runt posted before with all adult plumage but still in transition to dark greys and browns of the adults. In addition, the beak/shield will soon turn bright red with bright yellow tip. This old friend walked straight at me and finally started to turn when quite close giving this view with very narrow DOF. Crop was from top and right side as I stayed at 700mm and went for portrait. Dealt with noise using sliders in DPP and one round of NI on BG only. Still waiting for some ideal summer golden light...

Thanks as always for very valued comments and help on previous posts