Thread: My Girl

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My Girl

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

A few things I would like you to know about my subject: she is truly awesome, beautiful and strong, graceful and agile. And a great mother who successfully raised a few generations of cubs. Really wish you could see her in real life because my image does not give her justice.

Here she is, returning from a successful hunt and about to fetch her little ones so they can feed on a warthog kill she earlier dragged under a large bush. We followed her to the place where she left the cubs but remained at a distance, those little ones are not used to humans and rather shy.

So all I have for you is this one frame...my girl walking in tall grass and checking out the surroundings

Techs as follows:

Nikon D5
    Nikon 500 F4
    ISO 1250
    F6.3
    1/3 EV
    1/2000s

Processed in LR and PSCC. Thank you so much for viewing, I so appreciate it. Comments welcome, be it technical or otherwise
    Last edited by Gabriela Plesea; 07-25-2021 at 06:23 AM.
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your girl sure means bussines Gabriela:) Strong features, you can tell she is a seasoned huntress. Like the way you composed the picture, the grass in the FG acts like a frame and she is walking into the picture. And of course, the raised front paw:)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot Gabriela, like it as presented bit wonder if a tiny bit more contrast would enhance? She does look very imposing, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her!

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Gabriela, you are so lucky having this now as your back yard, envious oh no!!!!

Well framed, techs look good, perhaps ISO1600 and f/7.1, but that might be more of a guess on the DoF. You were there amd we all see things differently, but I agree with Jon it needs a bit more oomph, but not Contrast. Some sharpening, a slight tweak in all three of the HSL I feel to pull some more from the grass, WDYT????

looking forward to more.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Dan, Jon and Steve for viewing and kind comments, I am so grateful. A bit rusty because of the long break with PP and absence from the Forum, but catching up fast
    Steve, very nice RP, much more definition and extra oomph, oh yes, thank you so much There's more in my folders, a lot more, some of this girl which I am burning to share with you.

Jon, she is so cool and quite relaxed with humans, and in fact ignores us on most occasions. Well I do get the odd look from time to time...and when that happens it's awesome
    Last edited by Gabriela Plesea; 07-26-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gabriela, revisit your steps & the past emails, you are skipping a few steps.

Must dash, cooking for friends and in this heat too!!!!
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think so too, Steve. Been rushing to post, time is limited these days. But that's no excuse. Just glad to be back, I'll take all the critique you and Jon and members can spare
    Enjoy your evening with friends
    Last edited by Gabriela Plesea; 07-26-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see a sense of the enviornment. Nice concentrated pose on the lion. I like the framing.