Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Austrak

Name:  20191105-DSC_3462-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  586.9 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

pretty cool frame Ian, love the dynamic screaming pose, shame the light was coming from the side. looks like you lifted the shadows which made the plumage a bit noisy... blue sky shows fair bit of noise too...feel it is a bit tight in the frame but otherwise gorgeous frame of a handsome falcon.

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Ian

Great action shot and good focus but sharpness specifically around the eyes is lacking and would like more room to the right of the bird. Well done must have been a tricky shot to get

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ian, nice to see you man.

Peregrines in flight are a great test of ability. You caught a nice pose with great eye contact. Sharp from tip to tip.

Can't see your gear and techs but it would be nice to see those. Otherwise, the light angle is the main nit from me as it doesn't quite fit into a rim lit appeal and the super bright sun side detracts a bit for me.

I could see some noise reduction applied in the bkg. Yes to more left in frame for me.

TFS!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Move this to the Left if you can and all else forgiven.... Nice sharp Falcon..
    Dan Kearl

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all Some how I pressed the wrong button and could not remove it for some reason .Anyway as its up there ;I agree about the positioning but as I adjusted the birds angle I ran out of sky. Could have added it but don't like doing it much .The thing about the shots of the peregrine [-some parts white and some nearly black ]in the evening Brian is that the back lighting through the lighter tail feathers can be a magic fiery orange depending on the sunset,which I am trying for without blowing the whites. Might be a long lost cause .,but with softer light we might make it yet.
    Techs were
    D5 1/3200 500 VR FL F4 at 500mm hh at 5.6. 40% crop . I shall keep trying Thanks again

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Wicked screaming pose but bad luck on the strong light from our right. It is a snap to learn to move the bird in the frame with a uniform background. As in the repost. It took less than 30 seconds to move the bird in six increments to our left. No need to add canvas. In addition, I lightened the darkest browns in the shadows, selected the small sunlit areas of the face and ran a Linear Burn, did a bit of Eye Doctor Work, and ran Topaz DeNoise on the sky only.

Learn most everything above in Digital Basics II. See today's blog post here to learn about Topaz.

with love, artie
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 07-25-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Artie much better

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice how the light makes those wings and tail glow. Screaming pose is great.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am impressed with your flight skills Ian. This is not an easy bird to get in full frontal screaming mode and so sharp.
    The light issue has been addressed and Artie's repost certainly is an improvement.
    Gail

11. Thanks Ian McLachlan thanked for this post