Thinking of trying to enter a comp in the coming year. I've never done so but that part of things will be mine to learn. What I wanted to know if which image you all think might be a better submission.

The first is a shot from a Basque del Apache a few years back. I loved the shot and you guys were kind enough to award it photo of the month if memory serves. I had cloned out some feet in the bkg in the original post but I know for a submission cloning isn't allowed so I've reprocessed it (maybe the software has improved over the last few years and helped me get a slightly better image ... (I hope)... but, this is one candidate.

The other is a recent submission here ... of the the young AK's early flights. I like the image a lot esp the playful yet intent look on his face, the baby fuzz still showing and the whipped around look of his leg feathers. That said, I don't know if I'm selecting this one because of a fondness for the AKs after my time with them...so... don't want to go on a personal bias.

SO, which would you choose to submit to a general bird photography comp... the Sandy or the AK?

Thanks for your opinions.

Name:  sandhill-crane-exit.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  513.4 KB