Thread: A little more contrast, warming and sharpen...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A little more contrast, warming and sharpen...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/800 ISO 10000

Tried to get warmer but not unrealistic for shade. This beauty kept circling and shooting me stares as if to say "Could you please move from my favorite hunting spot..." Just before, as I was working a Great Blue Heron saw an entire family of marsh rabbits at waters edge nearby. Something tells me they were on the menu for this cutie...

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this, he looks pretty unconcerned about your presence. I like the low angle viewpoint.
    I haven't seen one of these I am intrigued by his colours. Am I right in assuming this is a North American Red fox?

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    I like this, he looks pretty unconcerned about your presence. I like the low angle viewpoint.
    I haven't seen one of these I am intrigued by his colours. Am I right in assuming this is a North American Red fox?
    Hi Jon, No this is a Florida grey fox. I say Florida because every mammal tends to be smaller the further south you go in their range. And yes, since I was lying down when approached and stayed put this beauty was not frightened and instead really wanted the spot I was in. We do also have red fox in Florida and they are predominantly red with white in the face and chest.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear David,

Superb point of view and pose from this beautiful fox, framing is great. Love the eye contact.

Subject a little too contrasty and lacking fine detail, coat looks a bit coarse? Would back off on contrast and saturation, look at the blue cast, maybe soften those bright bits/grasses in the background.

I think you have a fine image here, just needs a 'lighter hand' in PP. It would help if you gave us more details in terms of your software and processing steps, then we can all chip in with more feedback.

Happy to see you posting in the Wildlife Forum, and such a pleasure to view your image

Thank you for sharing, have a lovely week-end,

Kind regards
    Gabriela Plesea

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool to see a gray fox of here. I like the pose and the look this fox gave you.