Thread: Second pass a charm...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Second pass a charm...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 70-200 @200 F2.8 1/4000 ISO 400 HH, Manual EXP, cropped to avoid clutter below

After previously posted abort, this beauty came around for another pass and successfully returned to colony at sunset.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, love the incoming post and wing position, the dangling feet, also the background. There are areas on both sides of the back that art hot bordering on clipping. They could be toned to match the other whites using a local adjustment on just the hot areas. Nice image, thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice. love the red feet and raised wings.

4. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, there is a lot of detail missing especially on the LH wing as viewed, very clipped. It's not a case of just opening it up with Shadow/Highlights (not the best PS tool), or just even with the Shadow slider, so I'm not sure if you added any Black, or Contrast, but certainly there is detail there, might be worth a revisit???? Why f/2.8???

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes Steve I pulled down the blacks in camera raw (to get blacker blacks) which still had details in the tif at higher resolution. Once downsized I kind of wish I hadn't. Why F2.8? Well, it was a great day for coming home images on this evening as the wind and sun angle were cooperating. Was imaging many returning birds flying from in front of me but many different angle variation even though always into wind. Not the usual case with our more common prevailing winds. Problem is this stand has many close distractions in the BG. Not to mention the stand is chock full of birds below. This beauty came right in the top of the stand twice, so could have stopped down with only sky BG. The birds left wing was in full sunset light while the right partially shaded itself from the light coming from behind me but about 45 degrees to my left. This a decent crop to avoid much clutter but details look good at the full resolution. Thanks as always for the valued comments and help.