Thread: White breasted nuthatch with beetle

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White breasted nuthatch with beetle

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken last year in September with my Canon 90D and Sigma 150-600mm. 1/500, f/6.3, ISO800, 600mm.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Vicki, it's not working for me. The image is quite noisy so I think it was under exposed and so to a degree limited detail. The brushed in colour at the foot and over the log isn't right, especially around the bug, but ultimately cutting the tail off is the killer sadly.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the view with the prey. Steve has some great suggestions for improvement. Welcome aboard and looking forward to more... TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Vicki, looks like you were pretty close on this one? Quite a bit of detail available in the cheek, shoulders, wing and feet so great job on that.

Really cool that you captured the beetle in its mouth! Not sure what's going on with the black silhouette around it... Also looks like maybe you brushed the lower right corner?

I think there's a little too much out of focus tree on the left for my taste and would have liked to get the full tail. How much crop?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Vicki

Not having the full tail in and the shadow at the bottom is a pity. Great that you got the bird with the beetle though. Keep them coming