Thread: Ghost in the grass....

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ghost in the grass....

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/3200 ISO 8000 HH, manual EXP, cropped to vertical from horizontal frame

Another overcast evening with late sun filtered through complete cloud cover to the left of frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David...you are getting some good images with the higher ISO.....The whites against the greens here look good...Facial expression is priceless...Just wondering why you are using such a high ISO, when it could be exposed just as good with a lower ISO IMO....Do you think that it makes it easier to process, and looks better at they settings....The image does look 'clean',..... just being curious...

Will

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    Hi David...you are getting some good images with the higher ISO.....The whites against the greens here look good...Facial expression is priceless...Just wondering why you are using such a high ISO, when it could be exposed just as good with a lower ISO IMO....Do you think that it makes it easier to process, and looks better at they settings....The image does look 'clean',..... just being curious...

Will
    Hi Will, You are correct could have gone with much lower ISO for this frame as I didn't need the shutter speed . Here is why, in this instance. Was working with 1250 SS with less light (thus ISO setting). The already low light was constantly changing with changes in the cloud cover as i followed this hunter through the field. As this beauty turned toward me, the light got suddenly brighter and since I was in manual I just turned the SS dial to bring the EXP back in. Faster for me than lowering ISO and then readjusting SS as i got the straight on view. Silly reason but true. This body really does handle higher ISO well. The noise is very uniform and easy for DPP sliders to handle without losing detail. Same for Neat Image in my experience. These modern bodies make me laugh at the trepidation I used to have when I needed 1600 on the 10D many years ago. Thanks for your valued comments, mate and I love the red kites...

ps
    Same thing happened with the framing. I was horizontal due to hunting motion from right to left. By the time I turned to vertical subject direction changed again. Also, if the subject was stationary and not actively hunting I'd be much lower on ISO and SS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose on that bird. Nice to see those eyes.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post