Thread: Feeeed Me

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Feeeed Me

Talk about a committed parent.

Pic taken this weekend at Tala Game Reserve, Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa. Full bright sun 12:30 pm so had to try an work around that. Lucky enough to find a tree with 5 nests all with chicks of various ages, fascinating just to watch these amazing birds.
    R5
    600 f4 ii
    TC 1.4 iii
    1/8000
    f6.3
    iso 1600
    Sticks & gimbal
    DXO Raw, LRC, Topaz Sharpen.
    Cropped to remove branch and for composition
    Name:  Comerant Feeding Head Small.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  595.6 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You did quite well in a very difficult, harsh light, high contrast situation. Sharp with a good EXP. What is the name of the species?

with love, arite
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    You did quite well in a very difficult, harsh light, high contrast situation. Sharp with a good EXP. What is the name of the species?

with love, arite
    Hey Arthur,

Thank you for your comments much appreciated, Im busy working through my pics and hoping that the sun gets kinder to me. Did get some pics of mom giving the chicks water which was a first for me to see, will post one of those next. The bird is a white-breasted cormorant (Phalacrocorax lucidus)

Cheers

Wayne

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Wayne. Do you live in Africa?

with love, arite
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well captured getting this moment Wayne...I agree with Artie, you done well considering the light conditions...

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks, Wayne. Do you live in Africa?

with love, arite
    Hey Arthur yes I live on the east coast of South Africa in Durban one of the major cities in the country. Many know of Cape Town, few know the treasures on the east coast though unfortunately.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    Well captured getting this moment Wayne...I agree with Artie, you done well considering the light conditions...

Will
    Hey Will

Thanks very much for your comments, now that I know where these birds are I am definitely going to make a turn past there again with better light and see what I can get.

Cheers

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Wayne, if you look at the Histogram in LR, the LH triangle will indicated you are clipping the blacks and so, as presented you are loosing detail in the darks & shadows.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man, I hope the adult didn't eat the little one. You handled the light well.