Thread: Common vole (Microtus arvalis)

Hybrid View

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Common vole (Microtus arvalis)

Attached Images Attached Images

Well I have damaged my big lens (had to go back to Olympus) so I was stuck with my zoom and 2xTC!! I am posting to gauge your opinion on IQ and sharpening. I appreciate the image is a bit of a dog's breakfast from a composition POV.
    I think the sharpening isn't bad, in fact you can see the split ends in his whiskers! Any how let me know favourable or otherwise - thanks.
    Olympus E-M1MarkIIIFocal Length : 300.0mm
    Focal length in 35 mm film : 601.0mm
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO Sensitivity : 1600
    Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
    Shutter : 1/100 sec
    Aperture : F8

ACR/PSCC

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon .... sorry to hear about your damaged glass .
    Sharpness does look good ... even more when looking at the used shutter speed

The rest .... well well .... a wee bit busy .

Hope you are satisfied with my reply

TFS Andreas

BTW why are you asking about the sharpness ... ? Have you again changed parts of your WF ... ???? Over the past years I never changed my routine .... does still work ....

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Jon .... sorry to hear about your damaged glass .
    Sharpness does look good ... even more when looking at the used shutter speed

The rest .... well well .... a wee bit busy .

Hope you are satisfied with my reply

TFS Andreas

BTW why are you asking about the sharpness ... ? Have you again changed parts of your WF ... ???? Over the past years I never changed my routine .... does still work ....
    Yes, thanks happy with reply, as I mentioned previously I do not necessarily submit images because I think they are meritorious.
    Always changing Andreas, always changing something - otherwise I would be bored - always looking for something different/better. (There were other images taken at differing shutter speeds.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 06-18-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Well I have damaged my big lens (had to go back to Olympus) so I was stuck with my zoom and 2xTC!!
    Don't think you need to worry Jon, you should get change from a fiver. Just dinged the mount of the 100-400, £250!

I appreciate the image is a bit of a dog's breakfast from a composition POV.
    Yes, but I think you can do more, just getting some more tonal range and addressing some of the more brighter HL's to get focus back onto the subject. Sharpness is 'OK' but irrespective 1/100 isn't ideal and is this a crop and how good is the exposure?

I'm not saying this is correct colourise but do think you can get more here Jon.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Jon,

Cute little fellow, and despite the crowded frame (well, such is his habitat) he stands out rather nicely. Love those whiskers, face is pretty sharp and with good detail. In terms of colour I think Steve's version looks more natural.

Sorry about your big lens...hope you have it repaired soon. Enjoyed viewing this image tonight, thank you for sharing!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea