Thread: Theme: Rewind

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Rewind

Name:  20210408-Avocet-Leg-Drip-Orange-1-Brian-Sump-BSR53538-7244pxh-WS-L50-D49-RECROP-1500pxh-touch-v5.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  407.6 KB

Did I mention I just love Avocets? So many more images to process over time.

There is one slightly odd thing about this frame, can you identify it? (hint: see the title)

R5
    600mm
    Handheld
    ISO 1600
    1/2000
    f8

LR and PS, DN. Very slight blending in the bkg on a light mullein silhouette otherwise unaltered.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sublime colors to compliment this beauty with perfect framing IMHO. Water action suggests stepping backward. Another awesome canvas from you, my friend. TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brian if I have birds and locations like this believe me I would be there regularly too! This is a beautiful image I like the colours details and the composition, there's nothing I would change. Just for curiosity if you have canvas maybe consider a slightly wider view.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird, perfect background, wonderful color palette. Thank you for sharing, Brian.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian ... glad you mentioned your love for the Avocet

This is another fine example of them ... but I would prefer a landscape orientated composition , as the " muddy " reflection is not so attractive , IMHO. The subject itself is looking great on all counts .... your usual high quality output , always a pleasure for eye and brain .

The tiny water streak from the lifted foot is so cool .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The color palette couldn't be better for the bird. For me the reflection on this one is actually a bit distracting. How would it work as a horizontal? TFS
    david pugsley PHOTOGRAPHY
    http://www.davidpugsleyphoto.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

If you cropped just above the reflection it is a superb frame.
    Dan Kearl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My friends, thank you for the great comments!

You may recall I posted a frame from this series a few weeks ago called "Avocet Yoga" which was a traditional crop and taken horizontal in camera.

For this one, I captured it vertically intentionally and took some creative freedom with it. So it is actually exactly as intended, however, here is a horizontal version as requested. It's 4x5 but it's all the canvas I have.

More from the shoot down the road.....

Name:  20210408-Avocet-Leg-Drip-Orange-1-Brian-Sump-BSR53538-7244pxh-WS-L50-D49-HORIZ-1900px-touch-v5.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  578.4 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hard to choose the one I like best, but I do think the repost crop works better. Then again, the reflection in the original adds something different...maybe it just needs a little off the bottom...a happy medium for me. Either way, a superb shot from you Brian.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the horizontal better but not the boxy crop. Wish that the bird's eye were fully open, and that the head were turned a bit more toward us -- one or two degrees. The latter especially because the sun was from slightly over your right shoulder ... SH, processing, and color scheme all perfect or lovely or both.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird in beautiful light. I agree this would make a nice 3x2 horizontal frame. The water trailing off the foot is nice.