Thread: Camera Body Upgrade for Nikon

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Camera Body Upgrade for Nikon

Hello,

I have recently got into birding and also bird photography. I currently use a simple and old Nikon 3100 i bought from a friend a few years ago. The lens I use is a Sigma 150-600mm contemporary for taking photos of birds.The photos have been good but I do believe I am limiting what I could be doing with the older camera body. All that said I am looking to upgrade from the D3100. I enjoy using the Sigma lens and would like to find something in Nikon that is compatible.

I am very new to all of this so i am wondering if anyone might have some recommendations for a amateur birder who like to take pictures. My price range would be anywhere from 500USD to possibly 1000USD.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse Hendricks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

500 will not get you far as far as a camera for bird photography. If you can spend $1000ish you might be able to find a well used Nikon D500 which is one of the best DSLRs for the money.

good luck
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with Arash - a used D500 is running around $850 right now. It's an excellent camera and compatible with most lenses including your current lens.

Birding is a challenging area. You always want a longer lens, faster focus, etc. But the real trick is to work on technique and make your images count.