f8

Please let me know what you think

CheersName:  Evil eye 1000.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  582.5 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry forgot to give it a name lets say Joe Pesci...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fits the theme very well. Detail looks good. The light was getting harsh but you handled it well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wayne, so you have to share why you named it Joe Pesci? Like it, but trying to connect.

As for the frame, appears as though you got close and there's good detail shown. Interesting little bit of a snack hanging on the mouth there.

I think the light angle takes just a bit away IMO. Had the light been more perpendicular with the subject I think it'd help.

Otherwise, from my view I think you could maybe take a bit less sharpening as evidenced especially around the cheek area.

Keep posting!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wayne, You did pretty well in the bright sun that looks as if it were directly overhead, thus the high contrast ...

Where do you live? Where was this image made? What time of day?

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would suggest the maxim less is more, the image looks a little intense/oversaturated and contrasted to me, the blues look really heavy, the lores almost featureless.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    Fits the theme very well. Detail looks good. The light was getting harsh but you handled it well.
    Hi John
    Yes mid day sun was harsh for sure but bird was right in my face, whats a guy with a camera gonna do...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Wayne, so you have to share why you named it Joe Pesci? Like it, but trying to connect.

As for the frame, appears as though you got close and there's good detail shown. Interesting little bit of a snack hanging on the mouth there.

I think the light angle takes just a bit away IMO. Had the light been more perpendicular with the subject I think it'd help.

Otherwise, from my view I think you could maybe take a bit less sharpening as evidenced especially around the cheek area.

Keep posting!
    Hi Brian
    Thanks for your comments, suppose Joe Pesci as his character in Goodfellas, just a bad ***. Thought the eye angle gave the bird an attitude. Thanks again for you help

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Wayne, You did pretty well in the bright sun that looks as if it were directly overhead, thus the high contrast ...

Where do you live? Where was this image made? What time of day?

with love, a
    Hi Arthur

Thank you for your comments, I live in Kwa Zulu Natal in South Africa. The bird was in Tala game reserve not too far from my house. Pic was taken midday/early afternoon. Thanks again

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    I would suggest the maxim less is more, the image looks a little intense/oversaturated and contrasted to me, the blues look really heavy, the lores almost featureless.
    Hey Jonathan
    Not sure but I think the heavy contrast and intensity is due to the bright sun/angle. Did the best i could with that. Will take it into PS and see if I can soften it and see how it looks. Thank you for your comments