Thread: Two and one fish

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Two and one fish

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a mated couple from SW FL fishing on the tidal flats. I used Topaz AI and that improved the oof male. I straightened the image along the water where she was fishing but the BG has a slight slope to it. I like the water movement and the bubble behind the foot, and how he is taking a subtle glance her way. She's a good catch!

1 Dx
    840mm

ISO 1600
    1/2500

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am so impressed with the AI and your processing! I remember seeing this image on your laptop and thinking the rear reddish was too OOF to salvage the image but this is a fantastic "save".
    My favorite part is the bubble behind the foot.
    Love the interaction and low POV.
    Well done Ann!
    Gail
    PS Reddish egrets do not do "menage a trois"!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic breeding colours on the male! I almost missed the fish, but the title had me look closer for that. The upper third of the image tells me it is level, but the lower third tells me it needs a bit of CW rotation...argh with the illusions at times eh!! Like Gail, I love the bubble (and the rising foot for that matter). Did you see these in Iceland? (Just kidding of course...)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a fantastic juxtaposition of the pair. I've never seen them fishing together like this. The breeding male is lovely even if a bit OOF, and I also like his slight head turn.. Nice recovery. (Bunche Beach?)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, this is nice processing, some may quibble as I think it looks artful and maybe lost fine detail, but I would frame it.
    Dan Kearl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a lovely frame Ann! Love the movement throughout the frame, great save on the back bird...I will have to try Topaz AI. Great action and image!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image Ann. Exposure , sharpness, poses, water, reflection ,BG...all top notch. Glad Topaz rescued this one.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Isn't it funny you think my image was soft and crunchy but you find this acceptable , the hind bird is still OOF and what I would call soft and coarse. the neck and shoulder have no fine details... Maybe different eyesight or perception ? I am not sure.

The light was soft and low angle was nice too. The front one is sharper but not tack sharp to my eye, I'd sharpen it more...the main issue for me is that it doesn't have a good wing position, if the wing was raised it would be much more dynamic IMO.

TFS
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 05-06-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Month, year, location please. The breeding plumage bird, the one in the back, has some nice color. I am pretty sure that they are not sexually dimorphic, i.e., you cannot distinguish the males from the females.

Like Arash, I have several problems with this one. It looks as if it needs some CW rotation. The bird in the front is angled away from us, and the wing position is not pleasing.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The colours throughout the image look real good here Ann...I like it....Lovely detail and the FG and BG show the birds well....Good pose on both birds and that facial expression on the bird behind ....The eye is on the fish....I would try a slight CW rotation. Well captured.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ann, totally see your note on the rotation. If I scroll down and use the bottom of the monitor to draw a line, I think you got it right based on the foreground wake, albeit it was a challenging one I'm sure.

For me, the colors even light and action make the frame. For using the AI product I think it turned out very nice. One thing you can try is using the "Recover original detail" slider and see if it gives you back a touch of grain.

Overall, pleasing to the eye!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it. Nice to see the first bird with the little fish. Yes the breeding plummage on the second bird is nice.