Thread: Theme: Workin' It

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Workin' It

Name:  20210429-Western-Grebe-Preen-1-Brian-Sump-BSR55191-4300pxh-BL58-L57brush-BL17-touch-5x7-v2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  552.9 KB

Been enjoying time with the different Grebe species. This one really knew how to work it for the camera.

R5
    840mm
    Handheld
    ISO 150
    1/6400
    f7.1

LR and PS, DN. Pretty much as-is as far as trickery other than a handful of tiny bright specs.

You may have to hit ctrl - a couple times to fit on the screen, although it's only 1600 px high.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks great. Image quality is nice. The pose is interesting. Also the vertical framing with the muted reflection is another bonus. Nice to see you entered the theme.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Brian,

super detail and pose. puf puf

congratulations. ..

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful frame Brian! I love the vertical crop, the soft water and subtle reflection. Top notch techs!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey brian, gorgeeeooohhhso! love the pose, the POV, soft light and the red eye, its so pretty.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

pretty nice frame with the calm water! detail in the whites is superb and I am wondering if more detail can be extracted from the blacks in the head area.
    TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is soooo good!
    Love the pose and the crop.
    Perfect exposure, great BG and the bit of blue in the water adds a nice pop of color,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

DATPCA. In short, superb. Love the intimacy. My gut feeling was that it needed a bit of CCW rotation. I brought it into PS and drew a line (as best as I cold) with the Ruler Tool from the center of the pupil to the pupil in the reflection. As shown in the screen capture here. FWIW.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful frame. Love the exposure, soft FG/BG, and the shy pose.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian .... slowly I am missing words to find a way to tell you what I think , without having the tendency to just replicate myself .

So I keep it short ....

Gorgeous processing ....

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Genuinely appreciate you all's feedback. It's meaningful knowing some of the best of the best enjoy viewing one of my posts.

Arash, only thing I can think of is those head feathers pointing toward the lens/sun - not much in there. I extracted as much as I know how with lum masks, screening and selective contrast.

Artie, sorry I don't follow. Are you saying I need to rotate it 1/10 of 1 degree??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Genuinely appreciate you all's feedback. It's meaningful knowing some of the best of the best enjoy viewing one of my posts.

Artie, sorry I don't follow. Are you saying I need to rotate it 1/10 of 1 degree??
    Hi Brian,

Actually, 18/100 of one degree which is closer to 2/10 of one degree. That depends upon exactly where you draw the line to (as the pupil in the reflection is somewhat indistinct). If anything, I underestimated. My main point is that when viewing the image, it looked, based on the bow wave or whatever you want to call it, that it needed some CCW rotation.

Since my brain kept telling me that it was slightly off, I tried using the Ruler Tool. That one came up with a more substantial .38 degrees CCW rotation. As seen here.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.