Thread: Brown rat ( Rattus norvegicus)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brown rat ( Rattus norvegicus)

Attached Images Attached Images

I have been watching a local badger set, whilst I was waiting for the badger this little guy came snooping around. I did get more pleasing poses as he emerged from the set but unfortunately there was some green foliage that had cast a slight haziness on him - I new I would get hammered for that!!
    I have seen a badger but this sett gets very dark indeed , I have discovered an exit path leading into a field where there are no pedestrians so I will be baiting that area and sitting in my bag hide with camera on knee..... and hoping for a little more light!

Hand held camera on knee
    Olympus E-M1MarkIII
    Focal length in 35 mm film : 200.0mm
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO Sensitivity : 3200
    Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
    Shutter : 1/200 sec
    Aperture : F2.8

ACR/TopazDNAI/PSCC

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good to see a Brown rat, not seen very often here on the forum. Well composed Jon, like the pose and the low-ish angle, with the tail in the frame. Good colours and details.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Jon -- good to see you posting and another different specie on the forum by you.

I liked the subject and its placement , though not very ideal POV , but the settings probably won't have allowed you to go any lower.

Greens appear a bit saturated to me, and i see some noise in the leaves as well especially in the bkg.

Overall nice effort .

TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon, I guess 'Ratty' came for the peanuts you put out for the badger? Colours look not too bad here and the pano format works, but could see a tad off the top. The OOF vegetation does have a slight 'coarseness' to it, but guess that stems from the Olympus files from highish ISO.

Good luck with Badger, be nice to see some postings soon.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.