Thread: white wagtail

Hybrid View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default white wagtail

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is another lovely little passerine from Iceland, the white wagtail. Gail and i photographed this parent that would hop fromm rock to rock as the young one was nearby. Often they can be seen gathering insects in their beak to deliver food for their young. They are really tiny and quite adorable. A big wing stretch, one legged no less made for an interesting pose. Cleaned a few whitewash areas, denoise, sharpening...

D500
    PF500mm

ISO 500
    1/1600

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is great Ann.
    Love the wing stretch and sharpness. Whites look great.
    I would clone out the big white lichen patch on the rock if mine,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a pose......Lovely detail Ann and I like the POV....Colours look good throughout...

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just another eye-level passerine wing-stretch. It is superb. If it were mine I would likely lose all of the whitewash. The most problematic is the whitewash that abuts the lichens on our left.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Just another eye-level passerine wing-stretch. It is superb. If it were mine I would likely lose all of the whitewash. The most problematic is the whitewash that abuts the lichens on our left.

with love, artie
    Thank you Artie, I gave it a try but could use some tips to not have such a oof bottom to the lichen i stamped (cloned) at the rock edge? Does look better without all the whitewash

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite a neat pose. Looks great all around. Sharp with a good exposure.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite the balancing act, the repost looks great

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann, neat wing stretch and balancing on one leg. I like the rock perch with the lichen. After reading your comment on the repost I had a go at removing the white wash. I think the Patch Tool in Photoshop works better than the Clone Stamp. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the head-on, one-legged wing stretch. View is great with the bird at the top of the moss-covered rock. Only because I knew where the whitewash was can I see signs of its removal. Definitely better without the whitewash IMO. Good one.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ann, the pose and the sweet bkg make this one. How did you convince the subject to flare its wing perfectly over the downward edge of the rock like that???

The repost is better. It appears maybe you used the lasso and content aware fill? Regardless, I think it's a bit noticeable (although I am biased having seen the op and knowing what to look for). Sometimes I like the clone stamp tool better - you can just move over a couple inches, sample and then start painting. Same goes for the patch tool, moving the slider up or down and seeing what looks better.

Sounds like a trip for the ages...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann ... cool pose and the fact does make the image and difference for me !!!
    Very nice overall !!!

Had a quick go on the dark tones and removed the brighter stuff on the rock .
    For me the " healing brush " is the way to go .... and I had only the web image . With the full size the results will be even better !!!

TFS Andreas