Thread: Oregon's Finest

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Oregon's Finest

Name:  20210228-Dark-Eyed-Junco-Oregon-Snow-Brian-Sump-BSR57070-FORUM-v1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  557.3 KB

I wonder how Oregon was lucky enough to have their own subspecies of Dark Eyed Junco....

This was a backyard shot. They're really only a glorified sparrow; not sure why I like them so much but I do.

R5
    840mm
    Handheld
    ISO 1250
    1/6400
    f6.3

LR and PS, DN. Evicted one small mulch piece.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brian I think the bird is really well shown and beautiful colours. The foreground & background, sorry not for me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian .... a real beauty your Junco .
    Personally I am with Jon about the FG and BG .

The subject itself does look very good overall , I might open up the mid tones and beyond into the darker range .... personal taste .

I have to say ... your personal use of the Topaz DNAI ... is sooo good !!! You use it on the money .... very very good my friend . Your way of using it can be " reference " for others ... .... or should I say " should be " .

Top notch , love the IQ !!!

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks to your skills I see well why you love these Beauties. Love the upper BG, details (both perfect EXP and PP) and colors. Great to have you posting... TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Brian,

details are very good tel tel :) congratulations it was nice

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love this canvas Brian. Pose, colours, sharpness, detail... all work for me. I actually really like the FG/BG. The FG looks like small diamonds glistening, and this contrasts nicely with the warmth of the BG. Top stuff (my friend)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Brian I think the bird is really well shown and beautiful colours. The foreground & background, sorry not for me.
    Jon, thankful to hear you like the subject. Curious what you didn't like about the fg and bkg?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Brian .... a real beauty your Junco .
    Personally I am with Jon about the FG and BG .

The subject itself does look very good overall , I might open up the mid tones and beyond into the darker range .... personal taste .

I have to say ... your personal use of the Topaz DNAI ... is sooo good !!! You use it on the money .... very very good my friend . Your way of using it can be " reference " for others ... .... or should I say " should be " .

Top notch , love the IQ !!!

TFS Andreas
    Andreas, these are meaningful compliments, thank you! You know I take PP seriously, certainly don't just run DN and ship it out :-)

What exactly didn't you like about the FG and bkg?

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Thanks to your skills I see well why you love these Beauties. Love the upper BG, details (both perfect EXP and PP) and colors. Great to have you posting... TFS
    David, for sure. They're simple but the variety in the subspecies is cool and they have a nice trill in their song. Thank you for the compliments my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Volkan Akgul View Post
    hi Brian,

details are very good tel tel :) congratulations it was nice
    Always thankful Volkan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Burdett View Post
    Love this canvas Brian. Pose, colours, sharpness, detail... all work for me. I actually really like the FG/BG. The FG looks like small diamonds glistening, and this contrasts nicely with the warmth of the BG. Top stuff (my friend)
    Paul, you know what, I felt the same way. The canvas was very pleasing to my eyes but everyone sees it differently.

Appreciate your thoughtful comment my friend!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian .. not 100 % sure .
    Just a gut feeling ... an " emotional " decision .
    Think it is the " hard cut " from snow to the brownish tones .... specially the with from the snow to the orange large blob !!!!
    Only thing I could suggest ... is tweaking the orange blob .

Might work or not ....

Cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brian another wonderful shot. I like the colors of the background but would agree with Andreas the orange could be toned down a bit . Again personnel taste. I see why you like the bird a wonderful subject and you brought out the colors and details superbly. I think the snow accentuates the bird and makes it pop. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image.
    POV, IQ, HA are perfect.
    I, love the FG and really like the colors in the BG.
    Well done,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

As a lover of all things sparrow, I am really liking this! My favorite part is the feet on the clean granular snow - very neat. Man, I really don't like to bring up such small things as this, but the very tiny black speck on the bill draws my attention. Really. Yep, it's weird like that sometimes for me. Easy fix!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin Hice View Post
    Brian another wonderful shot. I like the colors of the background but would agree with Andreas the orange could be toned down a bit . Again personnel taste. I see why you like the bird a wonderful subject and you brought out the colors and details superbly. I think the snow accentuates the bird and makes it pop. TFS
    Kevin, I really appreciate that. Your compliments are well received and I could see a version perhaps blending the orange in versus its current, more abrupt introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    Lovely image.
    POV, IQ, HA are perfect.
    I, love the FG and really like the colors in the BG.
    Well done,
    Gail
    Gail, thank you for chiming in. So glad you like it :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    As a lover of all things sparrow, I am really liking this! My favorite part is the feet on the clean granular snow - very neat. Man, I really don't like to bring up such small things as this, but the very tiny black speck on the bill draws my attention. Really. Yep, it's weird like that sometimes for me. Easy fix!
    Daniel, you can nit my frames any time you want brother. I do see that! Usually I'm super anal about the white ones but totally missed this little guy.... appreciate your feedback as always!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Late here Brian....Great detail pose HA colours on the bird...Nice POV...Yes the BG is not to my taste ...I would expand the orange and make it all that colour on the RHS of the bird...then blend it in with the colours on the LHS....I like the FG.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose and the junco with good detail. I don't mind the setting/background.