Thread: Yellow-breasted Chat

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-breasted Chat

Attached Images Attached Images

An image from June 2019. Admittedly an image of most birds I probably would have deleted, but Yellow-breasted Chats are quite difficult to catch in the open with a reasonable clean backdrop.
    The front half of the face and prey items has some motion blur. I didn't realize I had a license for Topaz Sharpen AI until a couple days ago, so I gave the motion blur sharping a try. It's definitely
    better than the old InFocus. Removed a couple of OOF branches. I wish the bird had been turned around to light the breast a little better.
    Nikon D500, 500mmF4VRII, TC-14EIII
    f6.3, 1/1000s, iso1000

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jack, I have a few of this species but high on my list for a clean shot and agreed, tough to get on a good perch with nice bkg.

Do see the motion blur, which is a bit of a bummer. The colors are super rich though and eye is tack sharp!

My eyes would prefer a bit more room on top. And I can't tell if you might have given it just a bit too much sharpening. With a mirrorless, I could see maybe some moire effect but not so much with the D500. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Pretty overall canvas, and here's to better ones for us both this summer!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

like the bird, perch a bit big and the OOF part of it a bit distracting.

the processing on this one is off to my eye compared to your other shots, it is been over-sharpened and is showing artifacts. The motion is still quite visible and the first thing I noticed before reading your description .

I sometimes use Topaz AI NR so I tried Topaz AI sharpening a few times and quickly deleted it after. it made the image look worse IMO. I am of the opinion and there is nothing in the world that can fix OOF or motion-blur shots.

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jack ....nice bird and the food in the beak is a nice bonus .
    I do like the pose and do not mind the , maybe not the best perch on planet earth .....
    The " motion blur " is not that much visible to my eyes , to be honest .

What " bothers" me more is the " color/contrast on steroids " .... just too hefty for my liking . And I might reduce the " TopazEffect " ... easy as it should be on a separate layer , just lower the opacity .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this chat. I like the prey items. The green background is nice, I would tone in down some.