Thread: Road Block !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Road Block !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is staying safe. Pretty odd times and the end is still nowhere in sight.

We are again facing Covid resurgence back here in India and my hometown is one of the worst affected as of now. So again no travel for me and it seems this summer is again going to be a whitewash when it comes to wildlife photography and tigers.

Luckily I did managed to make a quick visit to Bandhavgarh in the month of Feb. Even though the sightings were few, I did managed to photograph this tigress on my trip. This was the only decent sighting but nonetheless it was a great feeling to visit this forest after a very long time.

Canon DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, levels, curves, selective colour, ( left the tyre tracks as it is ) , cropped as some straightening was applied, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, HH ( lowered the cam from the vehicle, switched the LV on and clicked by guessing work ), had no better opportunity to get low any further.

ss 1/1000, f/4.0, iso 4000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb
    So good to "see you " .... well one of your images .
    Nice to see a tigress looking relatively relaxed into the camera . Great eye contact .
    IQ looks nice and I do like that you gave the colors a chance to come to life !!!

Well this Covid thing is not stopping , same here in Germany . From Monday onwards back into lockdown .... numbers increasing here and government cannot manage the vaccination . Not having enough here ....
    Keep fingers crossed for you that things will change ....

Stay safe my friend

TFS Andreas

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas ... Thanks for the kind words.

This is a new normal for all of us. We are on a hyper vaccination drive but only time will tell how effective our vaccination is. People here are becoming sick of lockdowns more than Covid and at the same time getting careless and hence the rising nos.

I wish things get better at your end

Stay Safe.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot I like it as presented, my only suggestion would be to try a vignette - just to see if you like the result.

Covid getting under control here, I am due to go to Scotland first week in May but I am not sure yet if it is still on, there may be travel restrictions between England and Scotland. I am concerned though that exactly the same thing will happen over here - people are told things are getting better, they drop their guard then there is a resurgence. As I go for walks only 50% of people wear a mask and the majority do not have the faintest idea of what a distance of 2 meters is! I have a strong feeling there will be a repeat, there are pockets of people who think they can behave regardless simply because infection rates are falling. They are falling because some people do take care and they do have their immunisation! There has been civil unrest in certain parts of the country, I wish people could exercise a little more self control and common sense and be less selfish, if so we would not be in the mess we are now. I think it highly unlikely I will go on any long haul journeys any more, I just don't think it is worth the risk...... and I am wondering if it is wise to go to Mull even if restrictions are lifted! Rant over!!

6. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jon for your comments and suggestions, much appreciated. Will try and see how vignette adds to the image.

Reg your summation of Covid scenario, I think you are spot on. But the only thing that we should rely on is the vaccination, if they turn out to be effective then certainly it will bring a change for the better. Until then we need to exercise caution.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb

Good to see you here and what a beautiful capture, thank you for sharing!

Great POV and eye contact is fantastic! Nice framing, great pose, colours look good to me. BG is superb.
    Techs look good and you've processed this really nicely, love it

Kind regards
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela for your very kind words .

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pleasure Haseeb, such lovely work, you deserve the praise

PS I am really sorry for my brief comments lately and for being so scarce in the Forum. At work it has been truly hectic for the past twelve months. I am also relocating, which complicates things further and takes up the little bit of spare time I have.
    Regarding Covid 19: sad to hear about the lockdown in Germany and rising numbers in India - hope there's improvement soon. Really glad the situation is under control to a great extent in the UK. In SA we are expecting a third wave. BTW we have no vaccines... And often no electricity, no internet, and no water. Unemployment figures around 30%, corruption is rife, poverty, bribery...and so on.
    Wishing from the bottom of my heart that we all go back to some normality soon...I am off to Kruger Park in May (virus situation permitting) so I hope to be back and posting in our Forum in June. Please stay safe, dear friends

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hy Haseeb, what a nice cat you've got here! I like the FG and the BG, the sand strewn with leaves just makes the tigress stand out. The full on stare and the way she cockes hear head to one side add abit of tension. I just love the way the shoulder muscles show up under the skin. Colors look very natural to me. On another note, covid is starting to hit back here in Romania, we have new restrictions and have to be indoor at 8 PM. Lets just hope we'll manage to keep it under control worldwide. I agree with John about self control and less selfisness, but it seems its against the balcanic nature os some(a lot) of my conationals.

14. Thanks haseeb badar, Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the low POV and pensive pose here on this young Tiger Haseeb, might have tried to clean up some of the tyre tracks, but that's a very small nit, nicely seen indeed.

Here in OZ we are still in total shutdown of ALL o'seas travel, (For over a year now) and have had to cancel 4 Africa trips to date, and now still with no guarantee that my postponed March '22 Serengeti (calving trip) trip will be a certainty.

Really missing my 2nd home terribly.

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a fabulous image of this beauty! The low angle you got really takes this up many notches. Love the BG and the relaxed pose. The P P work is solid. Well done.

18. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Doc, much appreciated .