Thread: Ospreys On Nest

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ospreys On Nest

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. On recent ventures to Circle B we had not been to this area and were surprised to discover a occupied Osprey nest within reach to photograph. Looking at the nest it appears these birds are partial to Spanish Moss and sticks with Lichen attached. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF ED, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB changed in post processing, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 03-04-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, what a great nest that is! Such beautiful branches, and mosses adding texture and colour. I'm even liking the side-lighting here. Wonderful!

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That must be enormous! Nicely presented and an unusual image.