Thread: Sun's Down... Still Working It...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sun's Down... Still Working It...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f8 1/2000 ISO 6400 HH, Manual EXP, cropped from vertical for composition

About 10 minutes after sunset.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a corker! Minimal noise great pose.
    If you take the image as is and reduce blue and magenta - WDYT???

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful pose and plumage, David. Gotta love these guys when they have those green breeding lores. Exposure and details on the bird look good, and I like the look at the thighs.

Sticks kinda clutter the bottom part of the frame, and I think the BG could use a bit more NR. But the frame does tell a good story. The BG is really interesting.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great-looking subject, and you got it in peak display pose so that is very good. Yes, those green lores look super. I'm OK with the sticks at bottom, but the BG, although not overly bad, is a bit distracting to me. I'm torn on the dark tree, although it does make the bill stand out. Some noise, but at ISO 6400 that is still pretty good - you did have room to lower the ISO from the amount of SS you had. Good call on the vertical presentation!

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    What a corker! Minimal noise great pose.
    If you take the image as is and reduce blue and magenta - WDYT???
    Hi Jonathan, Color nuance is difficult for me and I knew since this was a dark situation there would probably be magenta and blue casts. I took some off magenta in DPP and warmed some in camera raw in PS. You are probably correct. It was a cool light situation being at twilight so I'm on the fence. Thanks for your valued help, mate.

Hi Dorian, Yeah, I found the hardwood hammock behind this water surrounded pond apple pretty cool also with the twilight glow. With Steve in my head, I decided the uniform noise added to the effect so left it in. I do appreciate the point of removing it. Your comments and help always valued.

Hi Daniel, This beauty was displaying over and over without moving an inch with the feet. I actually watched two full rounds and used to align myself with that trunk before hitting trigger. The sky pointing and then pulling their head to the back while jutting those plumes and bending low at the knees. Knew I'd most likely get the peak position at 20 FPS. Went with this shutter speed as they shimmy those plumes with a high frequency and wanted them frozen. Thanks as always for your astute assistance.

9. Thanks Daniel Cadieux thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David .... a real cracker you have photographed .
    Love the behavior and the perfect timing of yours .
    The subject is so cool .... do not mind at all the somehow busy BG , separated enough IMHO .

What bothers me more are the blues/ magentas in the FG . Even you can eliminate them .... with your " color problem " . You just need to use eye dropper in PS and make a reading of the values , then correct them into the right direction .... a very easy task . Warming up does only help to a degree .... and will not eliminate the blues

TFS Andreas

11. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post