Thread: Greetings from Oregon in the United States

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Avian Greetings from Oregon in the United States

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello All, My name is Ron Van Fleet. Live in Astoria, Oregon on the Oregon coast. Am submitting my first image. Took image on January 18, 2021. Shot with Canon 5DS with Sigma 150-600 mm lens at 600 mm. Taken at 5 pm near sunset, sky clear. Shot at 1/1600 second, F6.3, ISO 800. Image cropped heavily.

I obviously put this image in the wrong forum. Should have just introduced myself. Sorry about that. Have just recently started taking bird photographs. Live on the banks of the Columbia River where it joins the Pacific Ocean. Have mainly taken landscape scenics in the past, but have the bug for bird photography now. Thanks for accepting me to your forum.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ron, welcome to BPN!! We've seen some good stuff coming out of Oregon...you live in a great place for birds and nature in general! Beware, bird photography is addictive. Glad to see you posting, looking forward to more images and comments from you.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for the welcome Daniel. Think I have already become addicted to bird photography. Have a lot to learn, but your site is a wonderful resource to learn.